BreastTalk.co.uk Forums

Breast Talk Community Forums ->  Breast Knowledgebase -> Breast Health & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( register )
Username:      Password:       Remember login?     

Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Breast Knowledgebase -> Breast Health & DevelopmentMessage format

Supercoke
Posted 9/8/2007 21:54 (#53168)
Subject: Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?

Ive been obese for quite a while. I was about 80 pounds overwieght. im now beinning to lose my weight. i was curious, since i have seen some women whos areolas are fairly big, because they too were overweight. i am a c cup. mine are kinda big, about 2 inches or so in cir***frence. a friend told me they could be stretched but i hope not.

So will they get smaller once ive lost all my weight?

If not, what can i do? is surgery all i can do?

Does the size or areolas really matter as much to men as i think it does?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supercoke
Posted 9/8/2007 22:41 (#53170 - in reply to #53168)
Subject: Re: Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?

i meant diameter sorry.

also another question, will my breasts eventually grow into the size of my areolas?
GothicTechie
Posted 9/8/2007 23:46 (#53174 - in reply to #53168)
Subject: RE: Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?

H Cup Members

Supercoke - 9/8/2007 9:54 PM

Does the size or areolas really matter as much to men as i think it does?

I very much doubt it. I'm not a man, but from what I've noticed, some men have a size preference, but any straight (or bi) man is not likely to complain about detals if he gets his hands on some female breasts! It really only seems to be women who notice and worry about that kind of thing.
BigDina42L
Posted 10/8/2007 00:27 (#53176 - in reply to #53168)
Subject: RE: Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?

Community Moderator

I agree with GT. Most men don’t seem to care what size of areolas you have. They are simply in la-la land just to be able to see your areolas!

Men may say they have a preference and it is a mixed bag as far as small, medium or large. But do not concern yourself with this small issue. Besides, sometimes they get bigger when you become pregnant anyway so it is not something to get worked up about.

As far as what happens when you drop a lot of weight, I can’t say for sure. I have dropped 30 pounds from my all time high and I never saw much of a change in my areola size. I don’t think areola size is connected to how fat you are. There are obese women with small areolas and obese women with huge areolas. They may shrink a little but I believe areolas are not directly related to the amount of fat in your boobs. So when you gain a lot of weight and your breasts absorb quite a lot of that extra fat, your areolas may stretch a little more across your breast than they did in the past. And if you then drop that extra weight and your breasts loose all that fat, your areolas may shrink but ever so slightly. Areola size is determined by genetics, hormones and body chemistry.

This brings up an interesting question. If someone slender gets a tattoo on her belly and then became pregnant or gained at least a hundred pounds over a given time, will that tattoo get larger? Say it was a heart tattoo that was an inch in diameter, would that tattoo be still an inch in diameter if that person’s waistline went from 28 inches to 48 inches? I think it would be just about the same and not be twice as large.
Elizabeth
Posted 12/8/2007 18:28 (#53234 - in reply to #53168)
Subject: Re: Will my areolas get smaller after weight loss?

G Cup Member

They will probably get smaller but as weight loss is gradual, you may not notice. There is probably a point when skin cannot contract any more though as you say.

I disagree about the tattoo (although it makes no difference). Tattoos do stretch but mostly widthways so it is really important not to get a face or design that is going to get distorted in such an area! It's a bit like when you put on socks with a picture of Homer Simpson or whatever.

I don't really think you should worry about it though - your health is far more important - good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)