BreastTalk.co.uk Forums

Breast Talk Community Forums ->  Breast Knowledgebase -> Knowledgebase -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( register )
Username:      Password:       Remember login?     

Random quote: Ahhh, bra's... The "over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders"!
- (Added by: Danielle)

Itchy nipple
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Breast Knowledgebase -> KnowledgebaseMessage format

Heather
Posted 7/3/2005 05:52 (#15778 - in reply to #9220)
Subject: RE: Itchy nipple

Well, I guess I'm a bit different. My left nipple itches all the time. I've had this going on for over a year and it's annoying!!! I just had a mammogram and it turned ought fine. I've tried switching detergent, soap, etc. Nothing works. I find it strange that it's only one side. I have no rash, discharge, scaling. Wish I could find an answer!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Carol
Posted 7/3/2005 16:27 (#15794 - in reply to #15778)

Community Admin

hey this may sound silly but its just a thought, maybe itchy nipples are normal to some of us.... there certainly seem to be a lot of us who have had an itchy nipple at some time or other... i know i have.

Honey
Posted 7/3/2005 23:53 (#15819 - in reply to #9220)

I'm going through the same thing right now. And it's only my left nipple. Is it just dry skin?? Or could it be something more? I've played close attention to using moisturizers on the area. Nothing is worse than being in a room full of people at work and wanting so badly to lift your shirt and scratch your boob! What's up with this?
Posted 8/3/2005 00:26 (#15820 - in reply to #15819)

My right nipple itches so bad, it just started about 2 weeks ago. I've been using Aveeno anti-itch cream and it works! It really works! Stops the itch in it's track.
Posted 8/3/2005 00:26 (#15821 - in reply to #15794)

My right nipple itches so bad, it just started about 2 weeks ago. I've been using Aveeno anti-itch cream and it works! It really works! Stops the itch in it's track.
twinstar_ca
Posted 8/3/2005 02:24 (#15825 - in reply to #9220)

Community Moderator

i'm with carol on this one... my right nipple itches quite often and that's just the way it is... i think as far as being female and scratching it, just turn away from everyone and scratch it from the outside...
squirrel12
Posted 8/3/2005 04:37 (#15827 - in reply to #9220)

This is a subject that not only effects women, but me being a male it effects me too. It seems like the itch is so bad that no matter what you do I cannot scratch it. It only happens once in a while but is really a bitch of a thing when it happens.
ROXY
Posted 8/3/2005 04:46 (#15830 - in reply to #9220)

I get this too, I've never thought of it as being more than an itch, when the need arises, I scratch, doesn't matter where I am, why would it be any different than scratching your forehead, or arm?
bigboobs
Posted 8/3/2005 07:15 (#15832 - in reply to #9220)

i agree with roxy, i also get itchy nipples sometimes, but i dont think it is something to be ashamed. i just scratch it no matter where i am, if it makes u feel better, do it.lol
kelley
Posted 17/3/2005 05:39 (#16258 - in reply to #9220)

Ok i though i was just going crazy... im glad to know that other girls have itchy nipples too. Mine's the right one too. Ive been freaking out thinking somethings wrong... has anyone ever asked a doctor why that happens?
lil pixie
Posted 18/3/2005 18:27 (#16357 - in reply to #9220)

G Cup Member

Its probably just something natural just like an itch somewhere else.
jacquerie
Posted 19/3/2005 16:51 (#16497 - in reply to #9220)

I have just been to my Doctor about 'itchy nipple' mine is my left one, also sometimes my right, I feel I just can't scratch the itch it seems inside somehow, the more I try to scratch the more it itches, my Dr is treating me for thrush, with a cream, he says he thinks it is in the ducts, I do have thrush in other parts at times so I believe him, however I am trying this treatment for 3 months, maybe others should query thrush, especially slightly overweight people as thrush lives in the folds of flesh where it is warm and moist.
Deb
Posted 20/3/2005 18:02 (#16565 - in reply to #9220)

Well, I went to the Dr on March 3rd & had a breast examination. The Dr didn't find anything suspicious & prescribed some cream (Canesten). It cleared it up instantly. I've stopped using the cream now & so far so good. I've also been changing my bra more frequently. What a relief! I really hate going to the Dr's too but I have to say it really has put my mind at ease so I would really recommend that if anything is worrying you the best thing to do is take a deep breath see your GP.
Lindsey
Posted 24/3/2005 04:42 (#16744 - in reply to #9220)

I'm 16 and my right nipple has been itching and flaking like CRAZY!! I've been doing research on the internet and most of what I found had to do with breatfeeding (which DEFINATLY does not apply to me) but I also found that it might be a rare form of breast cancer and it SCARED ME TO DEATH. This forum really comforted me because I really don't have a very open relationship with my mom (not open enough to say "Look at my boob...does that look normal to you?"). Has anyone been to the doctor about it?? Is it something that a 16-year-old should really worry about? Or could it just be my breasts growing (fingers crossed -- haha!)?
Kelley
Posted 24/3/2005 05:51 (#16749 - in reply to #9220)

Ok it's been 3 weeks now and it's still itching... now it's kinda started to go numb... i dont know if that's due to me just getting off my period (cause you know how your boobs hurt when your ragging) or what but it's starting to worry me.
Carol
Posted 24/3/2005 09:09 (#16750 - in reply to #16744)

Community Admin

Hey Lindsay

Read the posts above yours and you will see that two people have found out that it was thrush they had on their nipples that was causing the itching, or at least that the creams for thrush helped to get rid of the itching.

Try not to worry about it all and please go to see a doctor as the cream may only be available by presciption. Remember you may not need to show the doctor the irritated area. Besides it's better to find out what it is than to leave it.

Take Care

Carol

loopy-lou
Posted 24/3/2005 23:12 (#16798 - in reply to #9220)

Hi, Im not sure if this will help at all, but I have experienced an itchy left-nipple and have realised its because of my deodorant. These rolls ons and sprays are full of chemicals, even though they smell nice. Once I found a deodorant that suited me (using the trial and error method, the itching stopped. My dad also had the same problem, so its not just us females. I wish you all well, finding out the source of your itchyness..
twinstar_ca
Posted 25/3/2005 00:24 (#16802 - in reply to #9220)

Community Moderator

ll, i deleted your thread "itchy bits" since you posted the same thing here where it's more appropriate..
jacquerie
Posted 25/3/2005 10:50 (#16834 - in reply to #9220)

Update on my itchy nipple, I am very pleased to say that it has not itched again since the first application of the cream the doctor gave me, (Clotrimazole) I am continuing with the cream for a while as thrush has a nasty habit of flaring up again, at least I know the cause now, I hope this helps all you others with this irritating problem.
sophie
Posted 28/3/2005 22:25 (#17096 - in reply to #15778)

I have exactly the same thing. I've looked up all sorts of things, but as there are no symptoms of scaling or redness or anything, it seems nothing serious. Just drives me buggie! Only one breast, my left nipple.

I had a mammogram just a few months ago; can't be threatening. I dug out my camomile nipple ointment from when I was breastfeeding and it helps, but only a little.

My husband says it just needs ****ing He is always on my other side so the other nipple 'gets it' Maybe he's right.

anyway, just offering a little empathy.

Cheers
Guest from Northeast
Posted 4/4/2005 03:03 (#17498 - in reply to #9220)

I have been going crazy with an ithy left nipple off and on for about 2 years. It comes and goes but when it comes, it lasts for months. Right now it is really bad - itches all the time!!!! My husband is worried for me, but I hate spending money on doctors. I did have a mamogram and it was ok.
I am very happy to have found this site and to realize that it is probably a skin condition. I may have to break down and go get a prescription.
It is also interesting that usually when I have these outbreaks, I also have a very itchy left eye and sometimes an itchy right ear ( at the bottom fold.) When I was little, I had skin allergies. As an adult they went away and I had bad fall sneezing alergies. Now, that I have moved further north, I no longer suffer from the sneezing but have this extremely, extremely bothersome itchy left nipple.
I went to the eye doctor for the itchy eye because it got so bad that it became scaly. The steriod ointment that was prescribed was $70!
Donna
Posted 9/4/2005 23:41 (#18010 - in reply to #9220)

Good to see you ladies discussing this issue. I too have itchy nipples (mostly the right nipple). This seems to be associated with perimenopause. I have had a mammogram and ultrasound and things are fine. Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil. I have been on 2000mg per day and this cleared things up. I stopped taking this about ten days ago (ran out) and now the itch is back. Hope this helps.
temptation
Posted 12/4/2005 03:05 (#18204 - in reply to #17498)

Guest from Northeast - 4/4/2005 3:03 AM

I have been going crazy with an ithy left nipple off and on for about 2 years. It comes and goes but when it comes, it lasts for months. Right now it is really bad - itches all the time!!!! My husband is worried for me, but I hate spending money on doctors. I did have a mamogram and it was ok.
I am very happy to have found this site and to realize that it is probably a skin condition. I may have to break down and go get a prescription.
It is also interesting that usually when I have these outbreaks, I also have a very itchy left eye and sometimes an itchy right ear ( at the bottom fold.) When I was little, I had skin allergies. As an adult they went away and I had bad fall sneezing alergies. Now, that I have moved further north, I no longer suffer from the sneezing but have this extremely, extremely bothersome itchy left nipple.
I went to the eye doctor for the itchy eye because it got so bad that it became scaly. The steriod ointment that was prescribed was $70!

I know what you mean of the steroid ointment but you will find that it will last you a long long time
I am on it for my eye and will be for life but that little tube will last you for a year if need be I use it twice a day and it lasts me a year and I am so glad for it
take care
chefkc
Posted 29/4/2005 20:10 (#19605 - in reply to #16744)

If in doubt.. check it out!! you can get breast cancer at ANY age!
better safe than sorry!
babsk
Posted 30/4/2005 18:45 (#19652 - in reply to #19605)

Does anyone know of the relationship between paget's disease and itchy nipples?
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)